Friday, January 13, 2012

Weekly Letter 1/9/12


Family!!!!
 
I've moved again!!  I got transferred today to Lopez Camela, which is closer to Capital than Pilar, but I don't know where exactly.  My new companion is Elder Tidei.  A picture will come next week, when I'm more organized and have things together.  Mom asked a few questions that I'll answer here, since you all are probably wondering. First she asked why we had to move.  So, the land-lady of the old apartment wanted to give it to her daughter, but we had to find new places for both of the companionships in Pilar.  One was found, relatively close to our area, and closer to the chapel, so Elder Black and I ended up moving there.  But now that I've been transferred, I don't have to worry about it anymore.  There was a lot we needed to do to clean it for mission standards, and there're still things that they need to do as a new companionship.  Elder Tidei and I will be working a bit in our own pench (penchion?  I don't know the word in English) to get it up to standards as well, since one of the Area Presidency will be touring the mission next week.  Oh, Elder Tidei is an Argentine, so he's my first latino companion, but he looks like and can speak like an American.
 
The other question was whether or not the woman I talked about came to church.  She did yesterday!!!  It was great to see her there with her husband and I'm just sad I won't be able to go and visit them again to help them more.
 
Things here seem to be passing more and more quickly. I'm sorry I don't have a lot of real news much of the time, but all of my news ends up sounding preachy to me.  It's hard for me to think of much that would really pertain to all of you, so keep questions coming and I can answer those.  It's much easier to know what to say if there are questions asked.
 
I have a new area now to get to know and a great companion from what I've heard to finish my training, so I'll let you know more about that as things go.  Mom said that Meg would want to pick my brain for food ideas, and one that we have a lot is a Peruvian dish.  I'm not sure what it's called, but there's a lot of rice, chicken or beef, and a nice "spicy" sauce.  That's in quotes because there's really not a lot of spicy food here.  And I've only once had beans with my food.  If you want to try doing Argentine Pizza, make a pizza with less sauce, more cheese, and different kinds of meats and fruits (though pineapple is the most common).
 
I haven't had a lot of opportunities to study this week because I've done transfers twice, which took away from study time to travel.  But I have gotten through Alma 33 now.  My favorite parts about that chapter are the verses on prayer, since so many times it talks about the mercies of God, stresses the fact that we can pray anywhere, and that God hears our prayers.
 
I'm just about out of time today, we're doing an activity as a district playing soccer, so if you read this, pray that you won't be hearing of a hospital visit for breaking my other arm by next week.  My love to all of you!!
 
Love,
 
Elder Matthew Hyrum Dewnup
 
P.S.  Mom, let the Berezay's and the Stocker's know that I got their cards.  I got a card from Grandma and Grandpa too, so please thank them for me.  Last Friday I finally got the letters out that I'd had to send for four weeks, so I won't be able to send written letters all that often.  I can explain why another time, as long as it's asked.  Again, Love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment