Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Argentina Here He Comes....

Hey everyone, it's Megan. I'm sorry that there haven't been any recent posts lately. I've gotten so busy that I've had a hard time keeping up with my own blog. We have also decided to stop posting Matthew's' letters word for word. Instead I'll summarize his letters and still keep you posted.

So we got a letter on Week 7 that was title S.M.I.L.E. He said "We need to keep an eternal perspective on everything we do, no matter what it is. "...to be Spiritually Minded Is Life Eternal." Remember always the spiritual things in life and thank God continually for the things we have, we're more fortunate than many others."

Then we got a letter on Thanksgiving. He talked about how they had a devotional with Elder D. Todd Christofferson. He liked a quote that Elder Christofferson quoted from President Hinkley that said "Get on your knees and plead for help, then get on your feet and do it." He also shared something that I thought was rather cool and that I didn't know about. He said that Elder Christofferson also talked about the relationship between the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles and missionaries. He explained that missionaries are essentially companions to the Twelve; that they have the same apostolic commission to go out into the world and be a witness of Jesus Christ. It's hard to summarize this next part so I'll just quote him. "I finally understood why we hold the title of Elder, rather than just holding that priesthood office. The title of Elder is given to the Quorum of the Twelve, the Quorums of Seventy, and the Missionaries of the Church; that's it. No one else in the church has that title attached to their name, even if they are ordained to that office of the priesthood, only those people bear the title of Elder on this earth." I thought that was pretty cool!

Then he flew out Monday morning and we got an email from his Mission President today saying that he has arrived safely.


Continue to keep him in your prayers!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment