Monday, February 13, 2012

Hola!!! 1/30/12



Para mi familia,
Miracles are all around us.  All we have to do is open our eyes.  We had another baptism yesterday.  Maria Lopez Rivas.  She's a woman who is always smiling, always happy, and ever willing to commit.  She was a Catholic, though not attending meetings. I think with a little time and more learning, she'll become one of the stalwarts in the ward.  Pictures will be included in this letter this time.  I was the one she asked to batize her and she'll be confirmed next Sunday in Sacrament Meeting.
The family who was baptized last week is doing well too.  The father was interviewed yesterday to receive the priesthood and will receive it next week, so this week we'll be teaching about the priesthood to him and his family, along with the other lessons of retention.  After her, we don't really have any investigators, so this week we'll be doing some finding activites by visiting with recent converts, less active families, and old investigators to try to find new investigators.
I don't really have any more news, but I know that I'm here to help others feel the joy I have through the Gospel.  I know God lives.  I know He loves us.  I know He hears us.  I know He answers us according to our needs.  I know that Joseph Smith restored His gospel.  We will all be blessed as we follow our own knowledge of His love and as we obey His commandments.
With Love,
Elder Matthew H. Dewsnup


No comments:

Post a Comment