Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Another Week! 2/13/12


Hidee Ho, Family!
 
One more week has passed.  The time just flies.  Out of the 16 total transfers that I will have in my mission, I have almost completed the second. I've already passed the 1/6 mark of the mission too.  It seems like I boarded the plane yesterday.  I can still remember Mom, Dad, and Joseph as I walked up the stairway to the gates.
 
Miracles continue to happen in Zion.  As her beauty rises, more and more people are beginning to recognize the church for what it is. I recall a quote I heard, I believe given by Elder Ballard, in which he was talking with a recently called member of the Seventy.  He said that one day in the lifetime of that Seventy (perhaps it was a different calling, but I don't remember), the difference between the morals of the Church and those of the world would be so different that people would flock to the Church.  The man then said something to the effect of, "But that's still a long time left."  Elder Ballard then said, "It will happen in my lifetime."
 
Think of it.  The morals of the world really are so different from ours as members of the Church.  It is prevelant and visible everywhere you go that that is true.  I really believe that people will begin to flock to the Church on their own, as Elder Ballard said.  Dad, if I was wrong in quoting who said all that, would you be able to change it?  That's just what is sticking in my memory right now. 
 
We are teaching a woman named Mirta who when we first stopped by, was reading from the introduction with us.  In the second to last paragraph, the second sentence says something to the effect of "Those who do this and ask in faith will receive a testimony of the truth and divinity of the Book by the power of the Holy Ghost."  Again, if that's not the exact wording, you can look it up in the introduction to the Book of Mormon, but she stopped after she read the word "testimony."  She was crying.  She knew already that it was true.  We set a baptismal date for this weekend and will be teaching her all week to prepare her for that day.  She's excited about it and said when she came to church on Sunday that this is what she's been looking for all her life.
 
I love you all.  I'm running out of time, so I have to say good bye.  But I want you all to know that I know this church is the true church of God, restored by Jesus Christ through the prophet Joseph Smith.  I know that we receive continuing direction through Thomas S. Monson, the prophet of the Church today.  I know it, and I cannot deny the feelings I he received from the Holy Ghost testifying of the truth to me.
 
I love you,
 
Elder Matthew Dewsnup

No comments:

Post a Comment