Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Time 3/25/13

Dear Family,

Well, time is of the essence and it is something that we all have a shortage of. Things seem to move faster and faster now. Without entirely intending to, I discovered I had made a calendar of my time left. It was originally intended to be a reading calendar to track where I should be daily in my reading, and then I realized how much (or little) time there really was left to me.

Not much.

This week we've had the opportunity to listen to a special conference for all of Argentina. Elders Bowen and Clayton spoke, as well as one of the members of the Primary presidency, whose name I can't remember, and Elder Nelson. All of them spoke in Spanish but the Sister. I think Elder Clayton's talk stuck out most to me from the conference, but I don't have much more time to tell about it. We've got a service that we're heading to do with one of our investigators.

On that note, we've been able to help several people continue to progress towards baptism and we are hoping to be leading a family into the waters of baptism this weekend. They've been to church before, are growing their testimonies well, and are wonderful people. And they've fed us almost every time we've been over, and they have plans to feed us a lot more too. Don't be surprised if I come home looking like I'm 8 months pregnant... But then again, there are enough hills here that with plenty of walking I'm sure that I'll be able to keep it relatively under control. It's the immediately after eating stomach that worries me.

More news will have to come next week, but know that I love you all and that you are in my prayers!

Love,
Matthew

--
Elder Matthew H. Dewsnup

MisiĆ³n Buenos Aires Norte
Gral. Lavalle 1828
1646 San Fernando
Buenos Aires, Argentina

No comments:

Post a Comment