Saturday, August 17, 2013

6 8/13/13

Well,

Here goes another week and the beginning of the last transfer of my mission. I am no longer a district leader, not my job any more! Elder Florez has been transferred. I'm staying in Grand Bourg and my new companion is Elder Perez. He's also from Colombia, has the same birthday as me (a year later), and I don't know much else about him. He's been on the mission for 6 months today.

Well, Mom sent me a few questions to guide my mind. First was about pictures:Inline image 1
(this is Megan, I'm not sure why the image didn't come through on my email)
This is my district from the last transfer.

My area is a branch with about 60-75 members assisting regularly. It's pretty big, about four or five kilometers from one point to the other, perhaps bigger. We walk everywhere unless we can take a bus, but that costs money. I found out that this area is about half way between both Tortuguitas and Lopez Camelo. We are part of the Sarmiento Stake. We're beginning to work harder as a branch to find people.

As a district leader, it was my privilege to do exchanges with the elders in my district, lead the weekly district meetings, receive reports about the efforts of the other missionaries in my district and other such things.

We've still been having problems finding investigators, but last night we found a woman in the home of an active woman with whom we had organized a family home evening. We had previously planned other activities, but in that moment we changed all the plans to teach the restoration. We invited this wonderful woman to be baptized in that occasion and she accepted, on the condition that she could learn more (or course). We told her that of course she could have time, and we shared that we wanted to help her in her preparation for that moment. We'll be working with her and continue with our efforts to continue finding.

I love you all!!!! Know that, and that I will do what I can to not come home bigger than Aunt Marge...

Love,

Matthew

--
Elder Matthew H. Dewsnup

No comments:

Post a Comment