Monday, January 21, 2013

Big News 1/21/13

Well, in the process of only 6 weeks, I have now served in three areas and had 6 companions. I have now been transferred to a small town called Tolhuin in Tierra del Fuego (the almost southern tip of Argentina).

It's more like I like it temperature wise here, cool. Not hot, and not (at the moment) too cold. It was quite a change. That and I have found out that the ozone layer here is supposedly the thinnest in the entire world. I'll definitely be getting a good use out of my sunscreen now, even if it's not hot. It was a shocker for me to have been transferred after less that five weeks in Caballito, but the Lord does what He knows will benefit His children the best.

The work here is much harder. We don't even have a full branch here. We have a family group of about 8 families or single people, with few of the active, seeing as how the group was formed only about 7 months ago. We're working hard now to get to know them all, get them active, and build up enough active members to form a small branch here. That requires priesthood holders, so we're focussing mainly on men and married families, but the people here are warmer than the temperature. At least I don't start sweating now the moment I walk out the apartment door.

I'll be able to tell you more next week. We only have a limitted time today, seeing as how we've got a lot to do and the places are far distanced. I love you all and want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Elder Dewsnup

No comments:

Post a Comment