Thursday, November 8, 2012

Last Weeks Letter 10/13/12


My apologies, I sent the letter and then received the notification of failure to send when I signed on today.


Dear Family,

Now beginning the downhill portion of the mission, all is not going at a smooth cruising speed.  I wish it were, but that's not the purpose of anything in this life.  Apparently the downhill slope has got a lot of rocks and cracks, intermingled with smooth sections.  Being here in the offices of the mission is definitely a match of that description.  There are moments during the day when everything is going smoothly and I can work easily on the projects that need doing, and then there are other times when the phone won't stop ringing.   The frustrating thing about that is that i can only half the time understand the spanish people talking on the phone.  Elder Chase told me that with time I'll get used to hearing people on the phone, and I believe him on that one, but I still wish it just came quickly.  Working at Allegiance helped though.  Working on the computers there and working with the legal language has helped me understand more how the contracts and things work here for the different apartments.

I'm a little behind on the picture sending thing and I'm not sure where it was when I left off, so here I have attached the pictures of Eusebio's and Juan's baptisms.

We're struggling with our proselyting time too.  I wish we had more time to be in our area teaching and finding.  It's difficult to be able to get people to teach and have consistent lessons with them when the time is limitted to three to four hours a day.  It's possible, but difficult.  We're managing to find people often enough, but they don't realy progress too far we're noticing.  And then the ones who do progress have only done so for a short while before just not doing it any more. 

Well, I'm hitting a block and don't know what else to write, so hopefully I'll have stuff to add later on in between conference sessions.  I love you all!!!

Elder Matthew H. Dewsnup
MisiĆ³n Buenos Aires Norte
Gral. Lavalle 1828
1646 San Fernando
Buenos Aires, Argentina



No comments:

Post a Comment