Tuesday, November 6, 2012

O.o The New Side 9/22/12

My Dear Family,

Well, this is a totally different perspective on the mission.  I had never before realized how much goes into the preparation and upkeep of a mission.  I mentioned to Mom, but I think it merits mention here that any letters or packages that come in for me during the time I am in the offices will be received by me the moment they get here.

Well, things are absolutely and totally strange for me here.  Proselyting time has now changed from almost all day to about 3 hours a day.  But I have been a learning a lot here in the offices.  We have so many apartments to deal with with all the different areas that have missionaries in them.  The costs are enormous and part of my job is to keep the costs from growing too much.  This is going to be a big helper for me for the rest of my life.  But the biggest thing is that this is going to help me influence the lives of others more as well.  My job is to help the other missionaries keep their focus on their work while focusing on mine at the same time.

Things that have been happining that are new here as well is that i get to work with all of the senior missionary couples as well, who are stationed here in the offices.  I'm not sure what exactly to tell you all further than that.  I now have no idea how the investigators in Tortuguitas are progressing, but I continue praying for them.

I commented to Dad a little bit ago that I had been informed a little bit about my first convert.  Gustavo, from Lopez Camelo, has been a strength and the way to bring the gospel to the majority of his family through baptism, and he almost daily accompanies the missionaries.  Now with the temple here in Buenos Aires open, I hope to be able to be present when he and his family are sealed for time and all eternity there in that place of all holiness.

The Temple here has been such a help and a goal now for all of us to strive for.  The time spent preparing for the open house and for the dedication were times of trial.  The adversary knew about the opening and he worked hard against the progressing of the work.  But as Joseph Smith taught, "no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing."  This work is and will forever more roll forth until the end of time, when all of the children of God have had the opportunity to prove themselves worthy to return to the presence of God.  With the dedication of this temple, the power of Satan has been decreased that much more on this Earth, and with every temple that is constructed and dedicated, his power will continue to decrease.

I know that the Temple is the House of God, and a place of Holiness as inscribed above the doors to every Temple.  The work that takes place in the Temple is a work of glorious salvation for all of us, the children of God.  This Church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, is the true church of God today upon the Earth.  As Jesus Himself proclaims, it is "the only true and living church upon the face of the whole earth" (D&C 1:30).

This work is true.  God lives, as does His Son, Jesus Christ.  I know it.  I have felt it.

I love you all and keep you in my prayers.

Love,
Elder Dewsnup

No comments:

Post a Comment