Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Howdee 2/18/13

Well, Family,

BRRRR. It's cold here. I still haven't pulled out the scarf and gloves, but the coat, yes.

Moving on. I finally got a camera, so Mom's happy, and I'm sure all the rest of you too. Here's a foto that I can do with my cool new Samsung ST6B:



How's that for a gorgeos sunset and great landscape! And I've got more where that came from.

In a somewhat gruesome and yet cool in a way bit of news... I saw a beaver for the first time up close in my life. Well, I guess it was only half a beaver... A dog was eating it. And I've got a few pictures of that, but I judged it prudent not to include them here, I'll share those upon my return... ;D



This is a failed attempt of getting me with this sunset:


Well, things are slow here. We found a whole bunch of people to teach last week, but almost none of them ended up coming to church on Sunday. We're still gonna keep trying for a little bit longer, but coming to church is one of the main commitments that everyone investigating the church has to do if they are ever going to get a sure answer about the truth of the church. Without that step, one they won't know absolutely (normally) if the church is true or not, and second, they cannot progress towards baptism.

We did a lot of walking last week, more than I think I've done in much of my mission, but we keep praying to find and to get the things done that we have been assigned, whether it be by our leaders or our divine commision from God.

I don't have much time to share more, but I do know that this Church is true and that it is the only Church on the earth that has the keys and power of the priesthood. It is through those restored keys and powers that we have the authority once again on the earth to baptize and be baptized and to receive the other saving ordinances necessary for entrance in the kingdom of God. I know it is true, and that it was restored through God's prophet Joseph Smith. Do I know why him? No, but I do know that he was chosen and that through him, God has restored the sacred truths about our divine worth and eternal possibilities, if we follow His commandments.

I love you all. I hope you enjoy the photos. There will be more with the weeks to come.

Love,
Elder Dewsnup

--
Elder Matthew H. Dewsnup

MisiĆ³n Buenos Aires Norte
Gral. Lavalle 1828
1646 San Fernando
Buenos Aires, Argentina


(Sorry I couldnt get the pictures inside the letter for some reason-Megan)






No comments:

Post a Comment